Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 4:59 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Sundering Titan
AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 9:53 am 

Ohh... I like that idea. "When ____ ETB or LTB, destroy up to two target lands. If a land is destroyed that way, its controller may search their library for a basic land and put it on the battlefield tapped."

Lets you get rid of pesky utility lands, and you can still hit that basic with the Dawn's Reflection on it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 10:06 am 

cryogen wrote:
niheloim wrote:
Near functional... so yes a fixed version. I didn't really thing the original was broken though.

We're beating a dead horse by page whatever, but between being colorless, an artifact, and having a leave the battlefield ability, it's easily abused. I wouldn't say it's broken, as that generally has a different connotation for a more competitive game. IMO, it's more of the effect it places upon an EDH game when it's around and how that effect contradicts what EDH is trying to promote.

Agreed. I have never played sundering titan because I thinks its unfun. Giving players a version where being a Dick is optional means I can run the fixed version and have it improve games (slow down a ramp deck etc.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 10:54 am 

Superstrength79 wrote:
Ukkmaster wrote:
niheloim wrote:
I think we should get a near functional reprint of ST. One that lets you choose a single land type and all players must sack one if possible rather than choosing one of each. Make it a 6/6 for 6!

Could call it Griefer Titan, or something along those lines.

Terastodon (I can never spell this damn thing right the first time!) at least gives a person elephant children. For some reason I hate getting hit by Terastodon more; probably since it can destroy any non-creature permanent (even if it does give you gifts).

Maybe some kind of artifact or red creature that kills lands when it ETB and LTB, but gives you gifts? Maybe a Ghost Quarter on legs. Kill <some value> target lands when it ETB and LTB, the land's controller may search their library for a basic land for each land destroyed this way at put that land into play tapped.

I suppose having Keldon Firebombers is good enough for me (in my red deck anyways). I hope they revisit some good LD spells in the future though.

Yes, lets give the abusive players the ability to destroy every land in our deck with recursion rather than just the ones in play.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 2:43 pm 

This "fixed Titan" tangent has given me a great idea for a custom card:

"Each player shuffles all lands he or she owns into his or her library, then reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals that many land cards. Each player puts all land cards revealed this way onto the battlefield, then puts the rest on the bottom of his or her library."
(basically a Warp World for only lands -> lands)

Ridiculously good with landfall (although no better than Scapeshift in that regard), and pretty difficult to abuse. It could even be an EtB ability on a colorless creature; reusing it every turn wouldn't be so bad (ignoring evil Polluted Bonds scenarios).

Last edited by intreped on 2012-Jun-26 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 2:44 pm 

Epsilon wrote:
Yes, lets give the abusive players the ability to destroy every land in our deck with recursion rather than just the ones in play.

LOL, good point. Didn't think about that part.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-27 1:20 am 

Ok just a shot in the dark here,

harvester titan. 7

artifact creature-golem

when harvester titan EtB choose a basic land type. Lands of the chosen type have: T; add 2 mana of this type of mana to your mana pool, destroy it at the end of turn.

when harvester titan LtB, return all lands destroyed by this effect to play under theirs owners control.

6/6

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-27 1:43 am 

intreped wrote:
This "fixed Titan" tangent has given me a great idea for a custom card:

"Each player shuffles all lands he or she owns into his or her library, then reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals that many land cards. Each player puts all land cards revealed this way onto the battlefield, then puts the rest on the bottom of his or her library."
(basically a Warp World for only lands -> lands)

Ridiculously good with landfall (although no better than Scapeshift in that regard), and pretty difficult to abuse. It could even be an EtB ability on a colorless creature; reusing it every turn wouldn't be so bad (ignoring evil Polluted Bonds scenarios).

Well you just gave blue another infinite mana combo. Make the lands CIPT and you'll avoid abuse.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-27 5:09 am 

:shock: I just got a great idea for a combination of a couple of your ideas:

Better Titan-CMC of 8:
Trample
When Better Titan enters the battlefield or dies, you may destroy up to five nonbasic lands. You may not destroy two lands with the same name or land type. If a land is destroyed this way, its controller puts a basic land from his or her library onto the battlefield tapped and you gain 1 life.
9/9

How's that? It pretty much does the same thing as its evil twin, but gets rid of all the major points for banning it:
1. It dies, not LTBs, so if you blink/bounce it the trigger will hit once and if you exile it or tuck it, it's gone.
2. Hits nonbasics.
3. May ability
4. Replaces the lands that were destroyed
5. It's bigger and has trample, so if it ends up being a problem, it could end games faster.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12