Taiga
Terramorphic Expanse
Tropical Island
Volcanic Island
Island x5
Mountain x5
Forest x6

Strategy:

In any multicolor Commander deck, I feel that the most important thing is to find out how the strengths of each color can work together to produce a satisfying result. With this deck, that is no exception. Intet in particular can benefit from each of the high points of RUG colors.

As far as blue cards, Intet's top-deck free spells can be manipulated with Sphinx of Jwar Isle and Halimar Depths, as well as artifacts like Sensei's Divining Top and Scroll Rack. In lieu of that, this deck has an absurd amount of card draw and just a dash of trickery and control to keep our opponents on edge. Omniscience, Deadeye Navigator, and Rite of Replication can win the game out of nowhere, and [card]Time Stretch is one of the primary win conditions of the the deck. Izzet Chronarch or Archaeomancer plus Deadeye Navigator and a Time Stretch in the graveyard means infinite turns, as long as I have the mana to cast it every other turn.

So how do I ensure that I have enough mana? It's green to the rescue! A suite of ramp spells and creatures helps to provide a steady flow of lands, and Crucible of Worlds with fetch lands (or Strip Mine to deal with problematic lands from my opponent) can get pretty ridiculous pretty fast. Green also has its share of big spells to cast for free with Intet, such as Tooth and Nail and Praetor's Counsel. Paying two mana to cover the Entwine cost on Tooth and Nail while casting it for free feels really, really good.

What about red? Well, it certainly helps to fill in the gaps in the deck, such as mass removal (Blasphemous Act, Disaster Radius, Vandalblast), providing haste (Urabrask the Hidden, Maelstrom Wanderer), and all-around utility (Wild Ricochet, Chaos Warp). It also allows me to play multicolor spells such as Vengeful Rebirth and Izzet Chronarch that can add to the recursion strategy I have present in the deck.

Intet loves to work off the top of the deck, but she's not the only one. Future Sight and Oracle of Mul Daya can help me dig, dig, dig like nobody's business. Top and fetches also help to switch around the top card until I can find a land to play or a relevant spell to cast.

I rarely have trouble hitting my colors, thanks to the numerous fetches and non-basics in the deck. If my card draw starts to get ridiculous, I have several different ways to ensure that I won't have to discard, such as Reliquary Tower, Venser's Journal (which of course gives us the benefit of simultaneous life gain), and Praetor's Counsel. Often, if I ramp fast enough, I can either drop Omniscience and (usually) just win or throw down a Time Stretch and start recurring it over and over again. If my mana comes a bit slower, my other instants and sorceries can help keep the board under control until I find an opportunity to hit a huge spell or creature. Some people may ask about Disaster Radius, but I feel like it's more than good enough to include in a deck that runs a great deal of creatures with big mana costs. Revealing an Eldrazi often leads to frowns and crestfallen faces at the other seats (not to mention a massive blowout that allows me to swing in for big damage).

Well, that's the deck! It's great fun to play if you like ramping into huge things that can quite quickly crush your opponents while maintaining board control at the same time. Please let me know what you think of it, and have fun out there in the Multiverse!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Intet, the Dreamer
AgePosted: 2013-Apr-03 4:28 pm 

I keep coming back to look at your list because I like the idea, but it's taken me a while to figure out a comment. I think I got hung up because this isn't really an Intet deck, instead, it's a RUG goodstuff deck that happens to have Intet as the general instead of Riku. That's definitely not a bad thing (especially if you're having fun playing it!), but you could massively increase the goodness of your goodstuff.

Part of the reason I think Intet's a neat general is that you can legitimately run a lot of the Eternal-style powergaming that players force into any deck, but instead of being forced, it actually makes sense with the deck. For example, any jackass in blue can Mystical Tutor up Time Stretch for the win. Make the same play with Intet though, you're not just being a jackass, you're synergizing with your general, the way God and Sheldon meant for the game to be played!

So I think if you want to go nuts with Intet, the deck needs more ways to put its best cards on top. Besides the UG tutors, you could get a lot of mileage out of the Brainstorm-style card filters (Ponder, Preordain, Serum Visions, Jace, the Mind Sculptor), and maybe some of the less played B-list filters (Omen, Natural Selection, Dream Cache, Mystic Speculation, Ransack). Also Bamboozle, which you should definitely play if only for the name. You could also use the green Reclaim/Noxious Revival-style cards for more or less the same effect (although they're less useful early on for setting up land drops and utility spells).

You could also try out a few filtering enchantments. (Soothsaying seems amazing!)

An Academy Ruins and an Alchemist's Refuge would come in handy too.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-03 5:46 pm 

Thanks for the comment! I agree, the feel of this deck very much revolves around RUG "good stuff," but I wouldn't want to make Riku the commander of this deck. Allow me explain my reasoning.

What I want from this deck is for it be chock-full of large creatures and spells that are going to have a significant impact on the game, supported by utility and ramp that help to accelerate my plan and make my things better. Riku is a fine general, but his main strength is the ability to "double your fun," as it were. That, to me, would require powerful spells, but ones that aren't quite as big as the spells I have in here. I'd rather cast my large things for a very minimal investment of mana rather than pour a ton of mana into having two copies of something not quite as large. Speaking of which, Riku doesn't have a very sizable power or toughness; a 6/6 flying body can actually turn out to make a huge difference. Also, the topdeck manipulation cards you suggested, while not bad cards in their own right, are not cards I want to be casting in my EDH deck (except maybe Soothsaying...I may have to consider that one). It's also fun to take risks sometimes; it's always exhilarating for me to swing in with Intet and use her ability without any prior knowledge. Maybe I'll hit a land; maybe I'll hit a Time Stretch! For me, it's about the fun, as well as the size of the spells.

Again, thank you very much for your comment and suggestions!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-07 2:45 pm 

Why no Sylvan Library?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-09 2:27 pm 

Incanur wrote:

I also wonder why I've never seen a Mirri's Guile in a list either.

Offline Profile